Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Day Like Today

If you would have asked me this morning how I thought the day would be, I would have answered, "terrible."  Today was the third day this week in which Kyleigh awoke at 5a.  I didn't physically get up until 6a (she was just talking for that hour), but mentally, I was awake the whole time.  In addition, I woke with a horrible headache.  With the combination of these two things, I was certain it was going to be a terrible day.

Oh contraire!  After an uneventful morning of getting ready to leave for Moms, I actually got us out of the house a few minutes early.  Since Kyleigh had been up since 5a and it was 8:45a before I got into the car, she immediately fell asleep once I put the car in reverse.  I dropped a few bags of clothes off at Goodwill and had a few minutes before heading to church.  What's a tired mom to do?  Head over to Caribou, of course ;-)

I was a little hesitant about the Moms meeting today.  We had an "Accessories Swap" and I wasn't sure I would find anything I wanted.  Once again, oh contraire!!!!  I snagged a super cute scarf and an unbelievable (and unused) Coach wallet.  Seriously, a Coach wallet.  Although I was really excited for my new accessory, I felt a little guilty taking it.  After all, did the woman who brought the wallet realize what she was giving up?  Lucky for me!

The next 2 hours of the day were a little rough, but I got through it.  To make a very long 50 minutes short, Kyleigh screamed at the top of her little, but powerful, lungs.  She just would not give in and go to sleep.  I decided I would let her go until 1:25p and if she didn't give in by that time, I would get her and forego the afternoon nap.  Fortunately, at 1:15p she finally let go and went to sleep.

Hooray for me!!!!  Both kids were sleeping and based on Reagan's normal nap schedule, they would both be sleeping for a significant amount of time.  During the hour and 45 minutes I had to myself, I was able to accomplish the following things: finish one module of online traffic school, dust ALL of the blinds in the living room, breezeway, and dining room (if you've been to my house, you know how many blinds I'm talking about!), sweep the floors in the living room, breezeway, dining room and kitchen, clean the bathroom, and make food for Kyleigh (bananas, sweet potatoes, and yellow squash). During all of this, the sun was shining brightly into the house and I couldn't be happier.

My whole attitude for the rest of the day was different.  I had more energy and interacted with the kids with a much better spirit than I have in the past several days.  I just felt so great and incredibly thankful.

I'll take more days like these!

1 comment: