Monday, July 30, 2012

Upcoming CA Trip

I am leaving for CA in just a few days.  Going on this trip is both very exciting and sad at the same time.  I am really excited to go back home and see family and friends in Lodi.  I am also really looking forward to being a part of my best friend's wedding on Sunday evening.  I haven't been down to SoCal since the winter of 2007 (I think...maybe it was 2008).  I will make a quick stop on Biola's campus and then get into full blown wedding mode.  I'm so excited!!!!

Why would I be sad about this trip, then?  The answer is 2 men...my hubby and son won't be traveling with me and Kyleigh.  Ryan unfortunately has some work that must be completed this week before students arrive on campus.  As much as I love my husband, I've been away from him before and I am not worried about the 6 days we'll be apart.

Reagan is a different story.  I've haven't been away from him more than 48 hours, so this will be a big deal for me.  I'm sure he'll miss me now that he's used to me being home everyday with him.  However, I am really sad to be leaving him behind.  He's at such a fun age right now and doing the funniest things.  Everyday is something new.  Maybe he'll even have a new word when I come home.  I know he'll be in great hands while Ryan is at work...thanks, Katie!....but I can't help but be a little sad leaving him here.

As I'm trying to do...I'll enjoy the moments in the next 2 days before I leave and I know I'll enjoy my many moments in CA.  My agenda is jammed packed the entire 6 days I'll be gone, so there will be plenty to enjoy and remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment