Saturday, July 5, 2014

Kyleigh's Potty Training - Day 3

Day 3 is (finally) here!  As I said in last nights post, I am encouraged by the progress Kyleigh has made and had very high hopes for the day.  I slept much better last night - didn't wake up in sheer panic of Kyleigh having an accident!  Anyway, here is the rundown of today:

7a diaper removed
9:45a pee (didn't tell us, but went when we told her to sit on the potty)
11:10a accident (we think she was trying to get to the potty, but just didn't make it in time)
12:15p pee (she told me)
12:45p diaper for naptime
3:05p diaper removed
4:40p pee (she told me)
6:15p accident
7:10a pee (she told me)
7:30p diaper for the night

I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the two accidents; although one shouldn't count since she was on her way to the potty and couldn't make it in time.  I was bummed with the second accident because it just happened and she made no attempt to get to the potty.  The positive, though, is that she knew right away what happened and came to tell me.

Other than the accidents, the day went really well.  We still followed her all over the house and tried not to be more than 5 feet away from her.  This is the worst part of this method, following her every move, but it is only 3 days.  That's it; it's emotionally draining, but well worth it. 

After she peed this morning, she went on a 45 minute outing with Ryan to Target to buy some big girl pants ;-)  They went to the store and returned home accident-free!!!  When she was done with her afternoon pee, we took a walk around the block and she was again accident-free! 

All in all, I am very happy to have potty trained Kyleigh this weekend.  It's an exhausting 3 days, but so worth it.  I just hope that she truly knows the urge to go and will let us know.  Tomorrow will be the true test when we head out for church in the morning.

The only complaint I have is that Chicago had the best weather possible for the Fourth of July.  Mid to upper 70s with no humidity, no thunderstorms, partly cloudy skies.  And we spent our time INSIDE.  Major bummer.  BUT, I'll take that bummer any day if the end result is a potty trained child and extra help from Ryan since he was home 2 of the 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment