Sunday, July 13, 2014

End of a Decade

Okay, I know I'm being just a little dramatic here when I've titled the post "End of a Decade."  But the truth is, I am finishing off the end of my 20s decade.  I can't believe that tomorrow I will be 30.  It sounds so old :(  I mean when I fill out a questionnaire now, I'll have to mark 30-39.....that's too much to think about!

I'm being silly when I over dramatize the fact that I'm turning 30.  It is just a number, after all.  I don't really  think I'm old when I joke about this birthday.  However, there is a little sadness, too.  I sometimes still think I'm the young college graduate who is just getting started.  Don't ask me why I think this way sometimes, but it happens every so often.  Then I come back to reality and think "I'm going to be 30" and I just get a little bummed out, I must admit!

I have one regret from these past ten years.  I wish I would have taken better care of my skin, especially my face.  There is nothing wrong with my skin, but I want it to look nice many years from now.

As I reflect on my 20s, it was a HUGE decade for me.  I graduated college, got married, moved two-thirds across the country, bought a house and bore three children.  That's a lot of life packed into ten years.  It was a great decade and I'm so grateful for everything that happened the last ten years.

I know the next ten years will be just as fulfilling as the last.  No more jokes about how old I am :)  Time to embrace my 30s...

At the Signature Lounge, the last day of being 29
 

No comments:

Post a Comment