Thursday, January 23, 2014

D-Day!

Today is the day-well it was supposed the day. January 23, 2014, Baby Hust #3 was expected to arrive.  However, I really didn't think he or she would make an appearance.  And, unless something crazy happens in the next 4 hours, I was right. Apparently, Hust children like to make their parents wait!

I've been riding an emotional roller coaster the last few weeks of this pregnancy.  Some weeks (or days), I am totally ready for another child; I'm excited and can't wait to meet this little one. And then there are days when I can't imagine how I'm going to handle 3 kids under 3!!! I think these feelings are very normal, but when your 9 months pregnant, emotions run rampant! The bottom line is that I know The Lord had this planned and this is how our family is supposed to be. I'm not claiming it will be easy (that's foolishness!), but I can rely on His strength during the tough times.

It has also been very emotional because Ryan and I have continued to struggle with deciding on names for this little one. We just couldn't agree on names for either gender. I was starting to panic and felt a lot of stress.  I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking about names. You can't just feel "eh" about the name; you have to love it. We finally found 2 names for each gender that we've agreed on; however, we don't agree on which name we like best (go figure). Ryan is so frustrated with this process that he said whatever name I pick if it's a boy, he's ok with it. I just need to decide (and as of this exact moment, I don't know which one I'd pick). I thought we were on the same page with the girls name, but learned last night that we're not. So frustrating and I don't know what we'll do if this little one turns out to be a girl.

I've asked Reagan several times since Saturday which boy's name he likes better. He's been consistent, so maybe in the end, I'll pick the name Reagan likes.

All in all this is a very exciting time for our family. It's going to be an adjustment, but I have been reminded several times that children are a gift from The Lord (Psalm 127:3). Despite the craziness that will begin very soon I am blessed to be a mom.

When is your birthday, little one? We'll find out soon enough!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment