Friday, April 5, 2013

Selfishness

This is going to be a quick post because I'm on a tight schedule today before I leave for WA to visit Aunt Jean.  It's about selfishness...here we go!

I've always heard that becoming a parent brings out your selfish nature.  While I believed this to be true, I hadn't truly experienced this.  Sure, there have been times when I wanted something and couldn't do it because of this kids, but it never really got to me.  That is, until yesterday/this morning.

Kyleigh has had a case of the runs for the past three days.  I finally decided it was time to call the pediatrician to see how I could help this pass.  They gave me instructions and then I asked the nurse if I needed to keep Kyleigh away from other kids.  The unfortunate (but correct) answer was yes.

Enter selfishness.  I was given this news on Thursday afternoon and all I could think about what that I was going to miss my Entrusted class on Friday morning.  I was so upset...really upset...that I had to miss class.  I thought about it the rest of Thursday afternoon and evening and then thought of ways I could still get to class when I awoke on Friday morning.  I had a chip on my shoulder because I needed to stay home and let Kyleigh's system work through this bug.

I'm being really honest here.  It's difficult to face the sin in your own life and it is not very fun either.  I thank God for his forgiveness and that he was not selfish by withholding his grace from me.  Next time I'm confronted with selfishness, I'll need to depend on God's grace to humbly let go of my desires.




No comments:

Post a Comment