Saturday, April 13, 2013

130 Words

Disclaimer to this post: I am a little torn about writing this post because I feel like I'm bragging about Reagan.  However, that is not my heart behind this post.  The main reason I have been blogging is to keep a record of this time in my life and how our kids are growing up.  So, with that said, read on if you choose!

I have heard frequently from several people how "verbal" Reagan is for a 2 year old.  I always thought he had a large vocabulary, but thought I was just being presumptuous.  Well, after someone brought it up to me again last night, I thought I'd do a little test.  I had been wanting to do this test for the past month, but never got around to it.  Today was different.

On April 13, 2013, I wrote down every word Reagan spoke since he woke up this morning and went to bed tonight.  Let me tell you, this was an eye opening experience!  It was very time consuming, but well worth it.

Reagan uttered a whopping 130 unique words today!  I could not believe it when I sat down tonight and counted the final number.  The amazing thing is that there were several words Reagan usually says throughout the day that he did not say today.  For example, he only mentioned a few body parts and a few colors.  He also only named a few friends instead of going through his normal list.  He learned one new word today, which was chocolate (he ate a banana chocolate muffin for breakfast this morning). He learns so much and so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment