Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Little Man Turns 2!

I can't believe we just celebrated Reagan's SECOND birthday!  How is it possible our little man turned two just a few days ago?  I'm still a little in shock that I'm the mom of a 2 year old.  It is going to be very strange when I sign him into the nursery to just write 2 instead of 'x months' old.  I know, it's the little things.

We had a very long celebration of Reagan's birthday.  Grandma Jill came out to visit the weekend before his birthday.  She was here for 5 days and as it always does, the time was too short.  We decided to celebrate Reagan's birthday on Friday, 3/15 after Ryan got home from work.  I've been trying to have our family eat healthier and there is a website that offers several great, healthy dessert options.  So I went ahead and made Reagan's birthday cake.  The sweet flavor came from the bananas, but there were also chocolate chunks in the cake, too.  I made a blueberry frosting to go over it, but that wasn't as good as the actual cake.  Reagan didn't really care, he just wanted the cake!


Our only family picture from his birthday weekend

"Yay, cake!!"
After eating his cake (and asking for more multiple times), he opened his presents.  Grandma Jill and Grandpa Bruce gave him a basketball hoop and some clothes.  He absolutely loves the new hoop.  In fact, the next morning, Ryan taught Reagan how to count to three and throw the ball into the hoop.  It was adorable!  Reagan also loved playing with the "Cars" duplo set we bought him.

The following weekend we celebrated Reagan's birthday with Mimi and Papa in town.  While Reagan really enjoyed the healthy cake, I wanted to make something different.  I went through my cookbooks several times and just couldn't make the decision.  I seriously thought I would end up making a boxed cake, but I looked one more time.  I settled on a from-scratch Chocolate Covered Strawberry cake.  The only thing was the frosting had so. much. sugar.  I was very hesitant, but it was oh so worth it!  Oh my gosh, it was delicious!

Before we had the cake, Reagan opened his presents.  He received a super cool tool belt from Uncle Jeffrey (including a pager that actually beeps!) and another duplo set.  I think daddy had more fun playing with the choo choo train duplo set than Reagan.  Memories in the making!






Reagan was absolutely thrilled to eat cake for the second time in one week.  The look on his eyes says it all!
Look at the anticipation on his face!
That is one happy cake eating birthday boy!

I still can't believe my little man is 2 years old.  It seems like yesterday I was holding him for the first time.  He's brought so much laughter to my daily life and I'm excited for the year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment