Thursday, October 18, 2012

Feeling Great

I have been so encouraged this week.  Seriously, I've been praising God each day for how great and encouraged I feel.  It's like I'm a new, different person than I was in September.  THAT was a hard month!

Back to the good stuff!  Ryan's job has been going well.  He's usually home around 5:30p every night, sometimes 5p if I'm lucky :)  In fact, he walked in the door one evening at 5p and I was overwhelmed with joy.  I wasn't having a bad or hard day, I was just simply excited to see him home 30 minutes earlier than expected!  I'm pretty sure I shared this in an earlier post, but one of my bigger concerns with the new job and the commute was dinner.  Ryan handled all the cooking in our house, by his choice.  I was glad to step out of the kitchen and let him take over.  However, now that he would be getting home later, cooking for our family became my responsibility.  Oh no!!!!!!  I was not looking forward to this new daily task, but thought I should embrace it as much as possible.  I definitely asked for prayer from our small group as this was weighing heavily on my mind.  I am happy to report dinner has been much more of a pleasurable experience than I could have ever imagined.  This HAS to be the work of the Lord because I am not passionate about cooking and I'm so stressed in the kitchen.  The past two weeks have gone well and we've eaten healthy meals.  Yay :)

Another thought on the kitchen duties....I still do not enjoy cooking.  I LOVE to find new recipes and try to expand our horizons (well, maybe just trying different types of chicken dishes - nothing too far out there!).  I've found two blogs that I follow and have tasted several of their dishes.  This is what is great about cooking.  It's finding the new things to try, but I would still rather have Ryan cook them ;)  By the way, he doesn't mind - he loves to cook!

Okay, a main reason why I'm feeling so great is that Kyleigh is starting settle down into a schedule.  This is a HUGE praise to the Lord!  I honestly think that's why September was such a hard month.  Just this past week, she has seemed more predictable and easier to handle.  This has certainly brightened my spirits.

There is one down side to life right now.  Reagan is going through a phase and I KNOW every kid goes through it.  He's hitting.  And he's hitting a lot.  I took him to a play cafe on Monday and he hit 6 different kids.  SIX!!!!!!!  I am completely embarrassed and don't know what to do.  He doesn't understand time out yet and I discipline him with a stern voice, but he thinks it's a joke and laughs about it.  Needless to say, I don't know how to handle this.  I pray this phase disappears soon and he can go back to being the sweet, loving, little man I love!

That's it for now...I'm going to enjoy some time to myself while both kids sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment