Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Different People

It seems so obvious; everyone is different.  However, this hasn't really hit home to me until the last few weeks.  My children are two different people.  They have their own thoughts (although I have no idea what they are), act differently, get upset for different reasons, and the list goes on!

What really brought this thought home for me is through the whole sleeping issues I've been experiencing with Kyleigh.  Naturally, I've forgotten what it was like when Reagan was 4 months old.  On a side note, how could I forget, it wasn't that long ago!!!!  Anyway, back on track...I have been expecting Kyleigh to sleep the way Reagan sleeps - no crying when I put her down and she should take 2 hour naps at the minimum!  Wrong - Kyleigh is different.  She prefers to take shorter naps and will cry before I put her down.  This may be just a phase and she may end up being a great sleeper like her big brother, but for now, she's a different sleeper.

Another area in which the kiddos are different is in their personality.  I do remember that when Reagan was about Kyleigh's age, he was stoic.  He would eventually smile, but it took a lot of effort from us to get a smile.  Kyleigh is the opposite!  She is so happy all of the time.  She's always smiling, cooing, and laughing.  It makes me smile as I'm typing this right now :)

I know this is a "duh" post - of course everyone is different.  It just hit home recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment