Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rookie Mom

That's what I feel like.  A rookie mom.  Even though I have two kids, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing.  Since I was home with Reagan for only 10 weeks before returning to work, I didn't really need to figure out a schedule for him.  He was still a baby.  I just took the ebbs and flows as they came and knew he would eventually get into a schedule.

This time around, it's different.  Although it wasn't all the time, when Reagan had days where he fought naps or he cried more than he didn't cry, I wasn't there the whole day to experience it.  Katie (bless her heart) dealt with those really long days.  When  I would ask her how the day went and the answer was "It was a long day" I didn't know the true meaning behind it.  Not until now, that is.

Kyleigh has been very difficult the last week.  She still sleeps great at night, but naptime is a different story.  Once she finally falls asleep (in my arms, of course, because where else would she sleep?), within minutes of laying her in the crib, she's screaming.  The poor girl was exhausted last week because she simply would not sleep during the day.  I don't know if it's a growth spurt or just her nature, but boy has she been a little pill!  I'm allowed to say that, right?

Ryan had to remind me that she's just three months old.  Things will get better; she will nap when she's tired enough.  And maybe, just maybe, she'll tire me out enough that we'll take a snooze together!

No comments:

Post a Comment