Monday, April 20, 2015

New Advendture - Work

If you read my post about becoming debt free, then this post won't be that much of a surprise.  After Ryan and I sat down and set our debt free goals, we were discouraged with the amount of time it was going to take.  That said, we had two options: first, Ryan gets a part time weekend job or second, I get a job.  Without a doubt, the first wasn't even a real option in my mind.  So I began the hunt for a job.  I was open to working nights and weekends at a place like Starbucks or Marianos.  But the ideal position would be a work from home job. Through some really cool circumstances, I got a job that will allow me to work from home with my own hours!  I started this new adventure on Monday, April 6th, 2015.

Let me tell you about the really cool circumstances!  It's so awesome to see how The Lord works things out.  I was very disappointed when we had to cancel Rylan's one year pics due to pink eye.  Little did I know that postponing her pics 10 days would open up this opportunity.  When we went to take the pics, I was casually talking with my friend about returning to her job once maternity leave was over and she mentioned that she had just quit the day before and that she would now be working from home (insert mental note here).  Fast forward 3 weeks when I decide to start looking and I immediately think of my friend and the job she has.  I texted her and asked if her company was hiring.  My friend didn't think so, but said she'd talk to her boss when her boss returned from vacation the following week and let me know.  It turns out that the boss's daughter had just resigned and they were beginning the search to replace her!  My friend mentions me and I submit my resume and the rest is history.  How cool is that?!  If we would have taken Rylan's pictures as scheduled, my friend wouldn't have even mentioned the new job because she hadn't quit her old one yet.  God's timing is perfect!

Now, onto what I'm doing.  My official title is Data Conditioner.  To sum that up, I basically take raw files and reformat them into my company's standard format.  I also review the files for accuracy and look for anything that may be out of place, but the jist of it is reformatting so our Programmers can then do their job.  The really awesome part is that I basically only work the first 2 weeks of every month.  I currently have 4 clients (with the option of taking more in the future if I want); my work needs to be complete by the 12th of the month for 3 of those clients and the last client the work needs to be complete by the 17th of the month.  Once I'm done, I don't need to start working again until the following month.  Everything is very cyclical.  I'm paid a flat rate based on the clients, so I know how much I'll be making each month. 

My first month of work went great and I'm really excited for this opportunity.  It is the ideal situation for my family: I get to make a little extra to help us pay down our debt, but I still get to focus on my main priority - my 3 adorable kids!  Praise to the Lord for supplying my needs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment