Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reagan and Kyleigh - January 2015

My notes (very few) from January:

Reagan:
  • Often says, "No, Mom, I have an idea..." and then tells me whatever is on his mind
  • Uses "cross" in various situations
  • VERY competitive (has to beat everyone or always be the winner)
  • Growing out of toddlerhood and becoming a little boy - it's becoming more apparent these days (his mannerisms, ability to think through situations prior to acting, etc)
Kyleigh:
  • Being naughty again, flat out disobedience several times a day
  • Often uses the need to use the potty as an excuse while she's in timeout
  • Says the words "freaking" or "poop" or "butt" all the time (NOT OK!!!!!)
  • Wants Rylan to play with toys or crawl somewhere when I'm holding her and Kyleigh wants to be held ("Rylan, go play with your toys" and then Kyleigh crawls into my lap as soon as Rylan vacates it!)
  • Likes to carry Rylan around, especially if Rylan in a place Kyleigh wants to be (ie, my lap) or if Rylan is trying to climb the stairs
  • Becoming very aware of her surroundings (like where we are and places we're passing along the road)
  • Copies everything Reagan says
  • Recites the Lord's Prayer very well
  • Having separation anxiety from Mom (full blown screaming/tears when I leave her at the Y or at MOMS)
  • Constantly changing her mind (I don't want water...ok, no  water...I want water.  I don't want a story before bedtime...ok, no story...I want a story, etc)
  • After reciting her ABCs, she says "Now I know my ABCDs, next...."
  • Can recognize all the letters in her name (and several other letters in the alphabet)
  • Says "Stop, pee pee, Stop.  Don't go in your underwear" as she runs to the bathroom to use the potty (hilarious to listen to her as her little feet run through the house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment