Saturday, January 31, 2015

Nursing Accomplishment

This will be a short post because I don't have a lot to say.  I am so excited though that I was able to nurse Rylan for a year.  I had high hopes of nursing Reagan for a year, but when I got pregnant with Kyleigh when he was only 5 months old, I didn't make it.  Then, I thought for sure I'd nurse Kyleigh a year, but with some mild weigh gaining problems and her first tooth coming in around 9 months, I gave up by the time she was 9 months old.  So for this round, I really wanted to make it a full year.  Despite Rylan getting teeth early (before 6 months), I pushed through with nursing.  There was a slight chance I was going to need to supplement around 10 months because she had some weight problems.  However, formula supplements weren't needed as I worked really hard to avoid it. 

I began weaning Rylan earlier this month.  She's down to one feeding - right before bed every night.  I am ready to be done nursing, but I will miss it.  I am just really happy that I was finally able to reach my goal of nursing for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment