Monday, November 24, 2014

Potty Training Anniversary

I can't believe it was a year ago today (Monday) that I woke up and decided to potty train Reagan.  I usually don't make rash decisions like that, but I did on that Monday morning!  Reagan caught on to the pee part fairly quickly.  Of course, he still had accidents, but it was great to have him learn so fast. 

However, the poop part took a little bit longer to train.  I knew that was likely, but around this summer, I was at my wits end trying to get him to poop on the potty.  He just resisted like no other.  Then, it finally clicked!!!  It took a lot of various types of bribing (and some nakedness if I knew he needed to poop!) and it was like a light bulb went off and he just started pooping on the potty.

Back in July, he was potty training at night also.  He only had one accident at night after he stopped wearing night time pull ups and was night time trained very quickly.

I'm happy to report that I have one completely diaper/pull up free child!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment