Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Date with Kyleigh

I couldn't work out this morning because there was a Fall Festival planned at Reagan's preschool that started at 10a.  So I had about 45 minutes of time to kill before needing to get back to the Y for the festival.

What better way to spend the time with Kyleigh than get a treat (aka cookie) from the bakery at Mariano's?  I did have Rylan with me, but she's still in the infant carrier and didn't make much of a fuss.  It was a short, but very special time for me to spend with Kyleigh. 

I try very hard to prevent her from feeling like the middle child, but at this point, I think some of her negative behavior stems from not getting enough attention.  She can keep up with Reagan, but isn't allowed to do everything he does (preschool, AWANA, etc).  And she's older than Rylan, but Rylan gets a lot of attention for the new skills she's learning.  Enter middle child syndrome.  I am acutely aware of this and do my best to make sure Kyleigh doesn't get the shaft just because she's the middle one.

Even though Rylan is with us on Tuesday mornings, I would like to continue this date hour with her.  She's not competing with her big brother for my attention or for conversation.  It's just the girls and for now, at least, Kyleigh's the only one who can do the talking with me!  This is a great time of bonding that I intend to do throughout the remainder of Reagan's school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment