Friday, August 1, 2014

Kyleigh's 2nd Birthday

It dawned on me the other day that I never wrote a post about Kyleigh's second birthday.  I feel like a terrible mom!!  Just one day shy of 2 months late, here I am writing a post about it!

The main celebration was about a week before her birthday in Lodi.  We were already in CA for a wedding and it was really nice to be able celebrate with the whole family (less Uncle Jeffrey and Aunt Megan).  So, on Sunday May 25th we had a backyard BBQ with Grandma/Grandpa, Uncle Brandon, Aunt Michelle, Jacob, Cooper, Mimi/Papa, Great Grandma/Grandpa Hust and Great Grandma Jones.  We made gourmet burgers - sweet onion BBQ with smokey cheddar cheese and bleu cheese burgers.  I don't remember all of the sides, but I remember there were a lot!

We didn't really have any special plans for the afternoon - just eating and opening gifts.  It was just a very relaxed afternoon spent with family. 

Backyard BBQ with Family

Sweet Kyleigh


Yum...Cake!


On Kyleigh's actual birthday, we had dinner at home and then I bought gourmet giant cupcakes from Mariano's.  Let me just say Kyleigh LOVED her cupcake!  After she ate, she opened the gift we gave her (puzzle and shoes).  It was a simple, but wonderful night with just our family of five. 

Happy Birthday, Kyleigh!

Dig in, big girl!!

So happy

No comments:

Post a Comment