Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Such a Boy!

I can't believe Reagan will be turning 3 in just a few short days. I am daily reminded that I am a Mom to a little boy! I'll give you a few examples from the last week or so.

We are finally starting to thaw from one of the snowiest winters on record (currently in 3rd place, I think). It was in the mid-30s one Friday afternoon and I was dying to get out for a walk with the kids. I bundled us all up and we walked around the block. There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground and Reagan picked up a stick and had fun thrashing the snow with the stick. He continued to hit and pounce the snow and fight with it. It was very comical, to say the least.




After a large amount of snow had melted, we were on yet another walk around the block. 
This time, Reagan thought it would be best to stomp and splash in any puddle he saw. Of course, this is natural for any toddler, boy or girl. However, Reagan took it to all boy level when he picked up dirty sticks, slammed the sticks in the puddle, and swung his arms so wildly that mud flew into the air! I kept trying to move him along and ask him to forget about the puddles, but to no avail. He's a boy and boys like to get dirty!

A new obsession of his are the manholes and sewers in the street. As we walk, he stops at every single manhole or sewer and calls down to the "people" in them. He talks and role plays that he's a fireman that will save them. Or he'll tell me that when he's stuck in a manhole, he'll call for help. Gotta love his imagination.

There is a very sweet side to my little boy as well. It is obvious how much he loves his new little sister. He's always wanting to kiss her head. And even though his "I love you, Rylan" is said in a gruff, harsh, tough-guy voice, the fact that he tells her this daily is evidence how much he loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment