Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reagan Turns 3!!

I can't believe we have a three year old! What's even crazier is that we have three kids :-) seriously, the night before his birthday I was thinking about what I was doing three years ago (last date night as just a married couple at Chili's). When I mentioned it to Ryan, he said, "ya, and did you think we'd have three kids by now?"

Anyway, we had a great celebration; although it didn't go completely as planned. Aunt Muff and Barry were supposed to be out here to meet Rylan and celebrate Reagan's birthday. Aunt Muff got really sick and was hospitalized (still is), so they obviously didn't come out. We're just praying now that she pulls through this infection and is released soon.

Ryan took Friday off so we could spend the day together. After Reagan's checkup with Dr. B we headed to the Choo Choo restaurant in Des Plaines for a birthday lunch. It's always fun to visit this restaurant!


After quiet time, we decided to let Reagan open his present from us a day early. It was in the low 60s on Friday and was only in the 40s on Saturday. We wanted him to be able to enjoy his new tricycle in warmer weather. He really liked it, but didn't really care about pushing the pedals. I know he'll get it soon and he'll love riding it this summer!




On Saturday, we had a fun-filled day planned. We took the kids to the Shedd Aquarium for the morning. Reagan loved looking at all the fish. He even got to touch one with daddy.



We had the Lehmanns over for dinner and cake Saturday night. Reagan didn't specifically ask for a Thomas themed party, but he really likes Thomas, so I went with it. I made him a Thomas cake, got Thomas plates, and a big Thomas balloon. He seemed to really enjoy all of it. And of course, he enjoyed opening all of his presents the most!






 I think Reagan really enjoyed his birthday. In fact, today he told me I needed to make him another cake because the Thomas one is all gone. When I explained he had to wait until his birthday, he said "My birthday will be this Saturday and I will be three again." So cute!

We are so blessed to have Reagan as our son, he brings much joy and laughter into our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment