Sunday, December 1, 2013

Reagan and Kyleigh - November 2013

My notes from November 2013:

Reagan:

  • Has delay tactics now at bedtime
  • Very inquisitive - any unfamiliar noise comes with the immediate question "What was that?"
  • Calls his cowboy boots "Calliou" boots
  • Getting better at sharing and thinking of Kyleigh
  • Getting better with numbers
  • Starting to say "please" and "thank you" without any prompting (mostly thank you, but occasionally please)
  • Loves his sister!  He'll walk into her room in the morning and say "Morning, big girl" just like me
  • Likes to get into the van and say "All agourd" translation - All Aboard
  • Some days, he's really sweet with Kyleigh.  He'll bring her toys or if she's crying, he'll say "You're ok, sister."  Melts my heart
  • Becoming quite the bargainer to get what he wants.  "Mom, if I finish ____ then I have a treat?"
  • Starting to procrastinate at dinner - just plays with his food and drinks his milk
  • Favorite phrase: "No, I do it. I'm a big boy."
  • Well on his way to being officially potty-trained!!  Still using diapers/pulls up while sleeping, but in underwear the rest of the day.
  • Likes to call Kyleigh and me "sweetie pie"
  • Really enjoys praying each night before bed (The Lord's Prayer)
  • Likes to pray after Ryan prays at dinner.  He often gets very specific with the food he's thanking the Lord for.
Kyleigh:
  • Likes to pick up the cat bowls and give them to me to put on the counter (at least she rarely eats it anymore!)
  • First half of the month, she refused to let me brush her teeth; she wanted to do it
  • Started showing signs of being a righty instead of a lefty
  • Insists on feeding herself most days and she's pretty good at it
  • Loves to play with Reagan's cars
  • Wants to do everything Reagan does - she watches him very intently
  • Says "elmo" multiple times a day, but she doesn't know who Elmo is!
  • Discovered light switches and constantly wants to turn them off
  • Enjoys helping me unload the dishwasher
  • When she gets mad, she'll hit her belly and scream
  • Likes to grab my hand and then stick her milk into it for me to hold for her
  • Perfected "no"
  • Resourceful!  Becoming a good problem solver

No comments:

Post a Comment