Monday, December 9, 2013

Potty Training Update

I am so happy Reagan is doing well with potty training.  He's done so much better than I could have ever expected.  He has had a few pee accidents, but beyond maybe one every three days or so, he's done an awesome job.  There are some occasions where I need to ask him if he needs to go potty, but other than that, he's learned the urge to go and lets me know he has to go!

His first accident after many days without one was a big deal.  I think he was so surprised it happened (and me as well) that since that day, he will often tell me every 15 minutes he needs to go.  Obviously this is a false alarm, but it has been very frustrating.  I never know when he actually needs to go or when he's just saying he needs to go.  Something we'll work through, I'm sure.

The one main (and significant) issue has been pooping.  He went on the potty that first week, but it's gone downhill (and quickly) ever since.  He will often poop in his underwear and sometimes won't tell me.  He doesn't seem to mind pooping in his underwear!  When I can tell he needs to poop, I will put him on his little potty or even the normal toilet with a cushioned insert and he refuses to go.  I'm not sure if he's scared or why he won't poop when I've put him on the potty.  Again, it's something we'll work through, but difficult at this time.

Overall, Reagan has caught on so quickly and I'm thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment