Thursday, November 21, 2013

November 21, 2013

I'm in a great mood today!  Not really sure why, but I'm praising God because I love being in a great mood.  Not only am I in a great mood, I'm feeling a little quirkiness going on and that's strange for me.  Sometimes when I get like this, there are a million things going through my mind and none of them seem to relate to each other, but I just can't stop the stream of consciousness.  Today, I'm going to give you a brief list of the things going on in this crazy mind of mine...enjoy!


  • My kitchen sink is so clean right now that I've been obsessively rinsing it after anything is put into it.  I can't get over how pristine it is and I don't want it to disappear quickly as most of my cleaning does.  I then often wonder "Why bother, it'll get dirty again in 30 seconds since I have toddlers?"  But I can't handle living in a mess, so I'll clean anyway.
  • I felt so incredibly accomplished this morning after cleaning the bathtub.  The rest of the bathroom still needs attention, but for now, I'm living high off the fact that the bathtub is clean!
  • Sometimes, there is nothing better than the sweet (and often unexpected) embrace from your child.  Thanks, Kyleigh, you made my day even better than it was already going.
  • Hands down, the best "children's" meal is chicken nuggets.  In fact, I just ate 10 of them for my lunch and I'm seriously considering putting more in the oven.  They shouldn't be classified as kid food; perfectly legitimate for an adult.
  • I can't get enough of granny smith apples this year (and no, it's NOT because I'm pregnant).  They are pure tart deliciousness and I could eat multiple apples each day.
  • Did I mention how much I love chicken nuggets?  Yep, more are going in the oven as I type...
  • Peppermint mochas make me happy.  I only allow myself to get them around Christmas, but I broke my rule this year and got one before Thanksgiving was over.
  • Speaking of Thanksgiving, I get really annoyed that this holiday is over looked each year.  I refuse to turn on Christmas music until Black Friday.  It's getting difficult, but I'm holding out.
Update from this afternoon:
  • I seriously don't know how it's possible for a toddler to devour food one night and then throw every single piece of it on the floor the next day.  Seriously???
  • Why is Kyleigh so intrigued by the bathroom at Nibbles Play Cafe?  For the life of me, I can't understand.
  • Why do kids always poop moments after changing their diaper?  
  • I wish I was a fly on the wall in the basement: I walked downstairs after leaving the kids alone for 5 minutes and found Reagan with his pants off.  Hmmmm...I didn't even want to ask!

That's it for right now.  I've come to a mental roadblock after putting those nuggets in the oven.  That's okay.  I enjoyed writing this out and I know one day I'll re-read this post and probably laugh out loud.  I'm okay with that because I rarely get into a quirky mood like this and it's good to mix things up a little.  I hope you got a little laugh, too. 

I just heard the timer go off for my nuggets...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment