Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Some Big Milestones

I meant to write this post Sunday night, but you know, life happens!

We had a few big milestones occur this past Sunday, September 15.  Let's start with Reagan.  A little while after he woke from his nap, he said he wanted to go potty.  I looked at him with surprise and lead him toward the bathroom.  He sat on the toilet for about 5-7 minutes, but never managed to actually go. Then, a few hours later, he said again he wanted to go potty.  I took him back to the bathroom and left him alone for some "privacy."  I came back into the bathroom a few minutes later and he had pooped!  I couldn't believe it!  He actually pooped on the potty!  Only a mom of a toddler who is at the beginning stages of potty training gets excited about poop :-)

Now, moving onto Kyleigh.  After much internal debate, I am officially recording 9/15/13 as Kyleigh's first word.  Well, actually, three words!  She's been on the brink of saying words, but I'm finally convinced she can say three words: "Mama," "Bye-bye," and "Amen."  She doesn't pronounce the word fully, but it's definitely clear what she's saying.

Two big steps in our house this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment