Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A little update

It's been sooo long since my last post.  So much has happened and I've been meaning to post, but honestly, I just haven't been up to it.  This will be a quick update on the past 6 weeks.

At the end of May, we were supposed to go on a one night family camping trip.  We were very excited to go, but pulled the plug at the last minute to due to weather forecast.  Unfortunately, the severe weather we were expecting never came to fruition so we cancelled our plans for no reason.  Grrr....

Kyleigh's first birthday came next.  We had a little celebration here in IL on June 1st with the Lehmanns and Sue.  I wanted to make the most of the decorations I'd been making for her big celebration in CA, so I decorated the house for our little pizza party here.

On Kyleigh's actual birthday, we didn't do too much.  We had her 1 year pictures taken at Lake Arlington and they were great.  It was a little cold outside, but we still got some really great shots.  Kyleigh's favorite part of the night was digging into her birthday cake and stuffing it into her mouth ;)

A few days later we left for CA for a week.  The trip was awesome.  We had such a relaxing time (other than Kyleigh's birthday party).  It was really nice to be in CA other than during the holidays.  It was such a difference.  Although I was stressed during Kyleigh's party, it went really well.  We had nearly 30 people there and of course, it was 106 that day.  Plans changed and we moved the party inside, but it all worked out.

The rest of June seems to be a blur.  I don't remember much, other than celebrating 7 wonderful years with my fantastic hubby.  We got a night out at Stoney River and truly enjoyed talking about our life together and dreaming about our future.

Ok, that's it.  I've got nothing else for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment