Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One Step Closer

This post is a few days overdue, but oh well.  Life gets busy and I get tired by the end of the day!

A little back story before I answer what the "one step closer" means.  So last week, we had Claire with us while Andy and Katie were on a missions trip in Haiti.  I didn't want to have the Aerobed set up all week because it takes up too much room.  Ryan and I decided to remove the front railing of Reagan's crib and let Claire sleep in his bed while Reagan slept in Kyleigh's crib and Kyleigh slept in the pack-n-play.  A little musical beds, but that's okay.

Fast forward to Saturday, July 13...Claire leaves our house.  Ryan and I decided to leave the railing off the crib and let Reagan take a nap in his "new" bed.  I wanted to test this out with a nap before a whole night that way if he fell out and woke up screaming, it wouldn't jolt me out of bed in the middle of the night!  To my surprise, he took his normal 2ish hour nap, no problem!  He didn't get out of bed and play with toys and he didn't fall out of the bed.  Whoo hoo!

On to bedtime.  We put him in the bed and reminded him of the rules: no getting out of bed and no jumping on the bed.  It was rest time.  He went right to sleep and I thought for sure I'd hear a clunk in the middle of the night, but I didn't!  I couldn't believe how well he did.

We are officially one step closer to moving Reagan out of a crib.  Craziness!!

Here he is Sunday morning, so proud of himself and his big boy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment