Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Freezer Food

A few weeks after Kyleigh was born, I began researching make-ahead freezer foods.  I thought it would be a good idea to have a few meals stashed away in case I didn't have time to shop or simply didn't want to cook.

I finally made my first meal tonight - chicken enchiladas made completely from scratch (even the enchilada sauce)!  I almost didn't want to freeze these because I've been thinking about making them since the middle of June :)  It was quite the ordeal for me to complete this, though.  I started the prep around 7:30p and didn't finish the clean up until about 10:15p!  I did take a small break to nurse Kyleigh, but still - these were very labor intensive!

I must admit, I'm very proud of myself.  Ryan didn't have to come to my rescue once.  I make the entire meal on my own.  This is a big deal because Ryan cooks almost every meal for us.  I am truly trying to enjoy cooking and being in the kitchen, so I gave it a shot!

I'll post and give you an update once we eat the enchiladas!  So long for now...it's way past my bedtime!

1 comment: