Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Changes

Since I'm with the kids everyday, all day, it is sometimes difficult to notice any changes.  I have noticed a few with both kids over the past week or so.

Reagan:
There was one store I passionately disliked taking Reagan to and that store was Target.  Due to the construction of the shopping cart, Reagan could easily maneuver his way out of the strap and stand in the cart.  Of course, I would make him sit down, but it was always a scene and I would usually end up giving him a firm pat on the butt while hurrying to finish the trip without any more instances.  Well, last week, I was in Target twice and he never once tried to stand up.  He sat in the seat like a big boy and was good the entire shopping trip!  Such a small thing to notice, but made a huge impact!

On Tuesday mornings there is story time at the library.  I would get the kids ready for this 20 minute outing every week.  Some weeks I would think, "This isn't worth it, Reagan doesn't pay attention."  I would often spend 19 of the 20 minutes (no joke!) trying to keep him in my lap or away from the other kids who calmly listened to the stories the teacher read.  This past week, Reagan actually sat in my lap for half of one story!!!!!  While this may not seem like a big deal, it was progress!

Kyleigh:
She began cooing a few weeks ago and it's adorable.  I love the little noises she makes; they are just so cute.  Over the past 10 days or so, she has stopped fussing to wake me up in the morning for her feeding.  She just coos until I come into her room.  How awesome is that?  If I am going to be woken up by a child, what better noise for it to be than a sweet "Oh Oh Oh?"

Big, milestone changes are great and open up a whole new set of doors.  But I think it's the small changes that touch my heart and make me enjoy this moment.


1 comment: