Monday, December 10, 2012

Reagan, the Problem Solver

Reagan, bless his little heart, is a problem solver.  When he can't seem to get what he wants because it's out of reach, he finds a way....

Today, I walked out of the bedroom and found Reagan sitting on the oven door.  Yes, you read that right.  He opened the oven door, climbed on top of it and was reaching for the knobs to turn on the stove burner.  I see two problems with this.  First, he was sitting on the oven door.  Since he's a little chunker, the oven door could easily break ;-)  Second, he was able to open the safety knobs I have in place over the stove burner knobs and was actually trying to turn the stove on.  Yes, this is a problem.  There is no way I can keep my eyes on him 24/7, but if I leave him alone for even a few minutes to take care of something, he's getting himself into more trouble.

I have also witnessed him use his blue cushion chair as a step stool to get something on the counter.  He'll turn the chair on it's side and ensure there is enough support and then climb on top of the chair to reach whatever he's after.

He also uses me as a climbing source to reach things he wants.  I just can't believe how great his problem solving skills are at such a young age (almost 21 months).  He certainly takes after his daddy, because I know Ryan's got great problem solving skills.  I just need to keep up with him now...

No comments:

Post a Comment